Today I saw some tweets on Twitter hinting at the fact that a new update was available for Windows Phone, so when I got home tonight I plugged my HTC HD7 phone into my laptop, and sure enough, there was an update available!
Clicking on update presented me with more information about this update:
In case it is not clear from the picture this update includes:
- Fixes an on-screen keyboard issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.
- Fixes a Gmail syncing issue.
- Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.
- Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.
- Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.
- Fixes a voicemail notification issue.
For full information about this update, be sure to check out the site here.
After doing a quick check that everything was ready to go, I opted to start the update. Thankfully, the installer reminded me of this important fact:
10 steps and 30 minutes later, I had a newly updated phone (the majority of this time was spent backing up the phone before applying the update).
With this update in place, I am happy to report that I am now able to connect to my wireless internet connection in the house. I was previously having issues with this following the last update.comments powered by Disqus