As part of my work goals, I have been compiling a list of UK Developer Conferences/Events that are happening this year, and trying to decide which, if any, I can attend. Note, I am not saying that this is a complete list of events. In fact, this is just the opposite. This is a list of events that I am aware of, and I would like to know about any that I have not listed here, see note at the end of the blog post. I have not included any Local User Group Events in this list, as that would make for a very long list. This list is limited to upcoming conferences which are between 1 and 5 days in duration. If you are interested in finding Local User Group Events, you might want to check out this calendar which posts a number of upcoming events.
Once I know exact details for these events, in terms of exact dates, venues, websites, registration, etc, I will be updating this post. More for the sake of my own sanity, so I don’t have to go digging around to find it again, but hopefully it will prove useful for you as well. The events appear in “roughly” a chronological order, based on what I do know, but this will likely change around as the dates get confirmed.
- Microsoft Tech Days
- QCon London– 5th to 6th March 2012, The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London
- **DDD Reading - **Don’t yet know exact date or venue
- DevWeek 2012– 26th to 30th March, Barbican Conference Centre, London
- **The International SharePoint Conference London 2012 **– 23rd to 25th April 2012, The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London
- **DDD Scotland **– Proposed date of 5th May 2012, venue yet to be confirmed
- **DDD South West **– 26th May 2012 – University of the West of England, Bristol
- Progressive .Net Tutorials 2012 - 29th May 2012 to 31st May 2012, London
- NDC 2012– 6th to 8th June 2012, Oslo, Norway
- Obviously, this isn’t based in the UK, but I have heard that it is very goo!
- Scottish Ruby Conference 2012– 29th to 30th June 2012, Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Details of this event can be found here
- I have never attended this event, and no little or nothing about Ruby, but I have to say that I am tempted
- Lean Agile Scotland– 21st September 2012 to 22nd September 2012, The Lighthouse, Glasgow
- DDD Belfast– Don’t yet know exact date or venue
- **DDD North **– Don’t yet know exact date or venue
- GiveCamp UK 2012– Don’t yet know exact date or venue
- No firm details on this one yet, but details should appear here
- You can also follow @givecampuk for more information
- If you are interested in attending this event, and want information, sign up here
- I attended this event last year, and loved it, so would really like to attend again, and also help out if required as per last year
- Oredev 2012 – Sweden
- Again, not a UK based Developer Event, but again, I have been reliably informed that this is a great event.
- DunDDD - Don't yet know the exact date or venue
There are a lot of events listed here, but I am sure that there are still some that I am missing, and I would very much like to you to get in touch, either through the comments below, or the contact form here, if you know about any other events that are happening in the UK this year. Before I commit to attending any of the above events, I would like to have looked at the majority available. Thanks!comments powered by Disqus