I have been giving a lot of thought about the development software packages that I use on a daily basis (both at work and at home), and which ones, if any, I should change out. For example, I have been hearing a lot of good things about TeamCity (for the purposes of Continuous Integration) and CodeRush/ReSharper as IDE Productivity Tools.
As a result, I am looking to get some opinions from some fellow developers about what they are using.
What I currently use is the following:
- Development Environment – Visual Studio 2010
- Source Control – TFS
- Continuous Integration – TFS
- Work Item Management – TFS
- Unit Testing – MSTest
- Integration Testing – Nothing at the minute
- IDE Productivity Tools – StyleCop, Code Analysis
- Various Visual Studio 2010 Extensions
So basically, what I am hoping for is feedback on what you use, either at home or at work, and what you like about the packages that you use. Am I missing anything critical? Are there any software packages for development purposes that you are using, that you now simply couldn’t live without?
All opinions are welcome!comments powered by Disqus